Laundering naturally-dyed clothes is really no different than washing any other laundry. However, practicing the following tips will keep your clothes looking great and lasting longer.
- Wash with cold water.
- Use an enzyme-free detergent or a simple dish soap if you choose to handwash your garments. Don’t know whether or not your detergent has enzymes in? Following are a few brands that do not contain enzymes, brighteners, fabric softners, dyes, or scents.
- Line dry in the shade or tumble dry on delicate cyle.
When dealing with tough stains avoid spot cleaning and first follow these instructions-
- Cover garment with water.
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Agitate a bit with your hands.
- Allow the garment to soak for 24 hours.
- Wash as normal.
Happy laundry day!